Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

Mother's Day was especially special today. It was my first as a mom of 3!

WOW... it seems like just yesterday I was playing with Barbies, and now look at me.

It was a great day. Jeff let me get about 11 hours of sleep -- 7 and 4 in a row -- I won't lie, my boobs were killing me but it was WORTH IT!!!

Then after I got up, I was presented with my gifts... I didn't really expect any honestly, considering how tight finances are and the huge bills we have to pay from Emalie's birth, and would have been thrilled with heartfelt cards and drawings... but they all went out of their way to make me feel special.

sweet card from Jeff with a note written inside -- smart aleck card from the kids -- Sophie's wrapping paper -- coupons, my own ring, a star Ian made, and a feather from Sophie -- candy and a gift card from Jeff


a beautiful poster and a rock from Ian -- the rock has a lovely story. He went to the mountains with Mom yesterday and spotted the rock, and said it was heart-shaped. He asked Mom if he could keep it, and she said yes and asked what he was going to do with it. He said "Give it to mom." So then he proceeded to "carve" it to perfect the shape, wash and dry it thoroughly. I will keep this rock forever! Unplanned little things like that are so special.


Ian also made me a beautiful shelf at school which he says is for me to put Emalie's keepsakes on. LOL... so cute. He had brought it home in his bookbag, so of course it broke all to pieces. He went to show it to me Friday and burst into tears and it broke my heart! Jeff hammered and nailed it back together this morning so now it's good as new.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails