Friday, March 26, 2010

MATERNITY LEAVE

The day has finally come... I sort of didn't really believe it would.

As of now, I am officially on maternity leave from ALL of my various jobs.

(Aside from those never-ending ones, like Mother, Laundress and Housekeeper, of course.)

I am taking a bit of a chance I guess, since the baby SHOULD be born next Friday... there is always the chance that she will come before and there is even the chance that something goes wonky and they aren't able to do the amnio and/or the amnio results are "lungs not ready" in which case I will have to wait another week for induction... but I'm not EVEN going to think that way because it would just be too awful.

I'm hoping that 2 hours spent doing engagement photos for my friend Mary and her fiance Aaron will knock the baby loose LOL. I'm already 3cm dilated, surely it can't take too awfully much to turn that corner and go into labor.... knowing me, it won't work, but one can dream.

At any rate, I expected today to be full of rejoicing and elation, but I feel curiously apathetic. Yes, it's nice that I know I don't have to do "real" work for a couple of months, but I'm still in a state of limbo so there's not that feeling of relief and release I was expecting.

Mostly I am feeling tired, cranky, and large. The baby is getting bigger so her stronger movements actually hurt... I have BH contractions at least every 10 minutes, and sometimes every 1 or 2. I am almost always crampy and every so often I have a TRUE contraction. I know these because they hurt in my back, down low in front, even in my thighs, and they truly make me grit my teeth and take a white-knuckle grip on whatever I can reach. I only get 2 or 3 a day but when they come I sure know it. Last night I had one that honestly made me whimper. Ian was alarmed LOL.

I have these great dreams of spending the next few days getting the house all immaculate and organized... unless I get a serious nesting impulse and amphetamine-like energy burst, I know this is probably not going to happen. Getting up to pee makes me breathless at this point. Luckily, the place isn't in too much of a shambles, but I wasn't able to accomplish quite as much as I'd hoped to in preparation. Hopefully I will have a little extra money during my maternity leave to get some updates done to the porch, master bedroom/bath, and the yard. If not, well I guess we'll all survive just like we have been doing the past 5 years!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails