Friday, February 5, 2010

Failure :(

I'm really bummed today. It turns out I failed my 3 hour glucose test. :(

The good thing is I didn't fail it by that much I guess...

but I still have to go to the "education center" where they will patronize me about how to eat a balanced diet. I know what to eat, that's why I've gained only 10 lbs in 30 weeks.

Not sure what else I'll have to do, I guess I'll find out. I'm sure it will involve finger sticks and I'm not sure how I feel about all that.

Here were my results:

Fasting: 112 (normal 105)
1 hour: 177 (normal 190, I passed this one)
2 hour: 168 (normal 165, missed by 3 pts great)
3 hour: 163 (normal 145, this one seems like a wild card)

If I'd have gotten that 2 hour one, I'd be good to go, but those 3 points are going to alter the next 8 weeks drastically and that SUCKS.

Plus there is the worry of the baby getting too big or having blood sugar issues at birth, or me ending up with "real" diabetes one day.

Hopefully since the results aren't too crazy it will all work out fine.

I was just so hoping not to have this worry added to the others, it's either hormones or a rough patch but the past couple of weeks my load has gotten progressively heavier with a variety of worries, stresses and problems.

Perhaps I'll get a couple of extra ultrasounds out of this, those are fun anyway. Of course they might end up showing a giant baby and making me even more stressed.

I'm going to do my best, let go and let God to the best of my ability and just make it through the next 2 months somehow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails